Thursday, August 9, 2007

Thing 8 - RSS

Well, I don't know about it being Really Simple. For me the hardest part was finding a blog of interest to me to subscribe to. I wanted to find a unique blog, but I ended up with the usual ones.

I did manage to add a blogroll to my personal blog. Basically, this is a listing of all the blogs I subscribed to. See to the right.

Here is the URL to my blogline account:
http://www.bloglines.com/public/mabowman

I like that I'm able to see everything I'm interested in on one page, however I think I prefer going to the actual website. You might be missing something really interesting by not going to the actual website.

We already use this technology in our library on our Staff Intranet, so really it's nothing new to me.

Good exercise, now I'm ready to move on!

2 comments:

Desi said...

How did you get your blogroll on your blog? I've been trying, but I can't figure it out! HELP!

Amy said...

If you want, you can also subscribe to all the comments on the staff blog--there's two feeds, one for posts, and one for comments. I figured out the code for a comments feed because I'm lazy and wanted the comments to show up in my RSS reader--that way I don't miss any. :-)